Here’s a list of cooking resources in Long Beach and online.
The better you are at food preparation, the more joy you will get out of cooking.
Healthy Recipes that cost less than $4 a day
- “Good and Cheap” – Acclaimed free e-cookbook by Leanne Brown
Healthy Recipes provided by Champions for Change
Long Beach Area Cooking Classes
- Chef Tech Cooking School offers a range of classes.
- Prep Kitchen Essentials offers a 3-week series, and other classes.
- Long Beach Time Exchange hosts occasional free cooking workshops.
- Healthy Active Long Beach events and workshops.
- Market Lovr – local vegan cook offers “ask a chef” events and more.
Online Cooking Classes & Resources
Knife Skills Videos
- Jamie Oliver teaches tap, rock, and cross chopping.
- Chef Tomm gives in-depth knife skills Part 1 | Part 2
Other ways to Learn Cooking
- Borrow a cookbook from the library. Look for cookbooks about your favorite cuisine or a type of meal-plan that fits you (i.e. “30 Minute Weeknight Dinners”).
- Google it. Anything from “How to Boil an Egg” to “How to make a Cassoulet” – The answer is out there!
- YouTube it! YouTube has cooking tutorials on almost every recipe and technique.
- Television cooking shows on Food Network, PBS, and free TV websites like Hulu.com may inspire you to try something new.