Local food businesses, organizations, and community groups are invited to join in celebration of Long Beach’s first annual Food Day, October 24!
Live music all day, farm tours, workshops and events for all ages, are sure to keep the day busy. Last year, 500 people came to the inaugural Dia de los Verdes. We expect many more this year!
Food Day is a national day which inspires Americans to change our diets and our food policies. Working together to highlight everything that is happening in Long Beach, we can eliminate hunger, improve health, and green our food system!
Join us in partnership with Green Long Beach, Squeeze Art Collective, and The Growing Experience by creating an altar for your organization, hosting a workshop, tabling the event, or becoming a food vendor! Applications are easy and open until the first week of October.
Click here to submit your organization to Food Day!
More information for potential participants:
- The cost of tabling the event is $10.
- Organizations must have an interactive space related to their organization’s mission.
- Organizations may create an altar for Free!
- A “Build-an-Altar” Workshop will be hosted 2 weeks before the event.
- Altar spaces are 4×8′. Because this is a green event, we require using upcycled, recycled, biodegradable, and sustainable resources to build your altar.
- Registration for altars is hosted by Squeeze Art Collective here.
- Food Vendors will be expected to obtain all the required permitting for a special event.
- The vending fee is 5% of sales to the event (this is tax-deductible as we are a nonprofit organization).
- We request that no plastic, Styrofoam or straws be used.
- This event is pescatarian–please no other meat! Thank you for considering the environment!
- Lastly, to keep this as open to all members of the community regardless of income, we request that you include a few low-cost ($1-$3) items on your menu for that day.
Non-Food Vendors are also required to obtain all required permitting. The vending fee is also 5% of sales (this is tax-deductible as we are a nonprofit organization).
We will have workshop time slots available throughout the day. We would love to host your workshop! Please provide us with as much information as possible so that we can find the best way to include you in this event.
Your sponsorship will help make this event great! Sponsorships include:
- Main Stage sponsorship!
- Workshop sponsorships (seed saving; pickling workshop; native crafts; stencil making)
- Art exhibit sponsorships!
Sponsorships of the event are available on a variety of levels. For more information, please email Ashley:
ashley at threadeventsco dot com
HOST YOUR OWN EVENT
Food Day is hosting film screenings, school & campus events, restaurant dinners, and more throughout October. If you would like to host your own, or for more information on what’s already happening, please email Valerie:
projectplateful at gmail dot com
We can’t wait to see you there!