You could experience 100 different fresh fruits and vegetables and animal species thriving in the farms and gardens on any day in Long Beach.
A strong connection to nature, our food and environment can be achieved without leaving the city. We’d like to organize regular tours of Long Beach’s farms, gardens and craft producers.
- Introduce everyone from students to seniors to what growing food looks like
- Raise money or awareness for local farms which are often operated as non-profits or social enterprises
- Utilize the tour as a jumping off point for more involvement from citizens
What We Need:
- Someone to organize the tour
- Date to confirm with the farmers/gardeners
- Several farms/gardens would likely want to participate including LBCAP Spring Street Farm, The Growing Experience and Farm Lot 59
- 5/15/14 Project is ready to initiate
- 7/20/14 We worked with Empact Long Beach organize a community garden bike tour in Central, West and North Long Beach
- 12/1/14 We will be giving Leadership Long Beach Class of 2015 a tour of the food system at the Growing Experience Farm in North Long Beach
- 3/27/15 Toured Katie Rispoli from We Are the Next around various Long Beach food sites to inspire and connect her placemaking projects with local food when possible.
Read the latest status, think about how you want to get involved, and contact us.