We need to fill print, broadcast, radio and social media channels with intriguing content about local food and health.
- Increase media coverage of local food and health issues
- Work with stakeholders to amplify their PR efforts
- Identify and develop “voices” of the local food movement for media
- share media coverage about local food issues
- Develop a pitch event or “meet the press” event
What We Need:
- Graphic artists, copywriters, event planners, and marketers who will help farmers and local food system actors to tell better stories
- Local media who want to cover the local food scene
- A production team who can produce video content (in conjunction with PADnet, Library Channel, etc.)
- Publicist help
- 5/12/14 sent out School Farmstand press release and received attention in L.B. Register and L.A. Times
- 4/4/14 co-planned Long Beach County Fair with Bixby Knolls First Fridays to raise awareness of local food
- 6/1/14 distributed a press release for Spring Street Farm’s School Farmstand project resulting in LA Times and LB Register coverage
- 7/1/14 wrote and distributed a press release to announce Long Beach Organic’s need for a buyer for their Wrigley Garden property
- 7/12/14 wrote a press release for Empact Long Beach’s community garden tour of Central. North and West Long Beach
- 10/25/14 distributed a press release for the 5th annual farm dinner fundraiser produced by Primal Alchemy Catering for the Growing Experience Urban Farm
- 11/14/14 distributed a press release for the free screening of “Growing Cities”, a movie about urban agriculture, hosted by LB Fresh and Project Plateful
- 2/7/15 LB Organic announced it will be working with 35 students from CSULB to measure their April harvest for their first ever annual “Fruits and Vegetables” report
- 6/15/15 Met with Voicewaves about having their youth media reporters produce a series a “food stories,” which will likely be debuted sometime late August to early October.
- 4/16/17 Back-to-back articles in the Gazettes Newspapers on our LB County Fair and NLB Crop Swap
- 6/1/18 Numerous articles highlighting the Foodways Summit
Read the latest status, think about how you want to get involved, and contact us.