Imagine being introduced to the entire food community on your first day in Long Beach. We’re developing a local food “Welcome Basket” to give and sell to realtors who are working with a family or individual about to call Long Beach home.
- Introduce new residents to local food restaurants, services, and markets
- Distribute “Welcome Basket” to realtors
What We Need
- Coupons, postcards, promotional materials from local food producers
- Realtors who want to utilize the program
- Volunteers willing to go to realtor meetings and promote the basket
- A basket design that is economical, functional and attractive
- Possibly develop a social enterprise around the gift basket creating at MADE in Long Beach
- 5/14/2014 Looking for someone to head this project up
- 2/17/15 Inquired with MADE in Long Beach about heading this project up
- 5/1/15 Local food guides are being developed by LB Fresh that can be included in the Welcome Box. We already have a Central Long Beach Food Guide and West Long Beach Food Guide.
- 5/18/15 Long Beach Fresh Intern will be finalizing the completion of the product development with MADE in Long Beach and begin distributing the information to realtors including appearing at their weekly morning meeting and gifting a box away.
- 6/30/15 Met with Heather from MADE about finalizing a welcome bag at the appropriate price point. The bag will likely contain information about local farmers’ market, LB Fresh neighborhood food guides, locally roasted coffee, and other locally produced goods from MADE.
Contact us if you’re interested in helping with this project.