Quinoa Steamed Rice
Looking for a simple way to make your white rice healthier? Try the following recipe by local chef and Long Beach native, Chef Agustin!
- 1.5 cup rice
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 cup water
- Stir, turn on and next thing you know you have nutritious and delicious rice!
Agua con Chia (en Español)
This recipe is an infused water that helps to detox the body and has all the benefits of the chia seed! And here’s the kicker… It’s super easy! What a great way to stay hydrated during the summer. Saludable y refrescante.
- 1 limon – 1 lemon
- Medio pepino – half a cucumber
- 2 cucharadas de Chia – 2 tablespoons Chia
- 3/4 de galon de Agua(12 tazas) – 12 cups of water
- Dejar reposar por minimo 30 min y listo! – Let stand for at least 30 minutes and you’re ready to go!
Hibiscus Flower Iced Tea
Making a batch of this tangy and sweet iced tea is a healthy alternative to any artificially sweetened, carbonated drink this summer!
- 6 oz dried Hibiscus Flower (Flor de Jamaica), which you can find readily available at your local Mexican market!
- 10 cups water
- 1.5-2 cups agave nectar
- Take the flowers with 4 cups of water. Bring to boil and immediately turn off and let cool for at least 30 min.
- Strain, add the remaining water, and agave nectar!
Agustin Romo is a Long Beach native and graduate of Le Cordon Bleu. He is currently the executive chef of Eqeko, a mom-and-pop Peruvian restaurant in Santa Ana. He is passionate about food and video production and excited to be helping Long Beach Fresh with “The Little Things” series. Check out his other videos on the Tastemade app here.